Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Shining Moon and general gameplay information and tips.
If this is your first time playing Ragnarok Online, our Introduction to Ragnarok Online will help you with the game. For players who are transitioning from Classic (99/50 max level) or Pre-Renewal (transcendent and 99/70 max level) to Renewal (175/60 max level) in Shining Moon, it is strongly recommended for you to also check our Introduction to Renewal guide. If you'd like to find out more about the server's unique features, see the Introduction to Shining Moon RO page. Basic information and details about the server such as rates, max stats, and max level are in the Server Information page.
Additionally, feel free to ask questions to other players and GMs on Shining Moon's Discord server; you can connect to it here: https://discordapp.com/invite/8NuTZZZ
Getting Started - Leveling and Other Basic Information
What is the max Level/Job Level/Stats/ASPD?
See also: Server Information
- 3rd Class: 175/60, 130 max stats, 193 ASPD. Also applies to Kagerou, Oboro, and Rebellion.
- 2nd Transcendent Class: 99/70, 99 max stats, 190 ASPD. Also applies to Ninja and Gunslinger.
- 2nd Class: 99/50, 99 max stats. Also applies to Taekwon Kid, Star Gladiator, and Soul Linker.
Where should I level?
See also: Leveling Guide
Where is the Job Changer/Resetter/Card Remover/other convenience NPCs?
See also: Main Office
Most convenience NPCs are inside the Main Office building in Prontera, just a little to the left of the center of the town.
- Main Office.jpg
Can I job change into a 3rd Class without transcending/rebirth?
You could but you will miss out on a lot of benefits if you don't transcend/go through the rebirth process. Upon transcending/rebirthing, you gain additional MaxHP, MaxSP, and stat points. You will be able to learn trans-only skills and wear trans-only equipments as well. It is highly recommended to reach Job Lv 70 before changing into 3rd Class; otherwise you will never be able to gain the missing skill points from job changing at Job Lv 69 or lower.
In short, this is the typical character progression:
|Novice||1st Class||2nd Class||High Novice||Trans 1st Class||Trans 2nd Class||Trans 3rd Class|
|Swordman||Knight||High Swordman||Lord Knight||Rune Knight|
|Thief||Assassin||High Thief||Assassin Cross||Guillotine Cross|
|Mage||Wizard||High Mage||High Wizard||Warlock|
|Acolyte||Priest||High Acolyte||High Priest||Arch Bishop|
Baby or adopted characters, and non-transcendent classes typically progress as follows:
|Novice||1st Class||2nd Class||3rd Class|
|Super Novice||Expanded Super Novice|
|Taekwon Kid||Star Gladiator|
There are some pros and cons of playing a non-transcendent class.
- You can reach higher levels relatively faster than trans classes.
- You can access certain dungeons and instances earlier.
- Some newer equipments like Faceworm Skins and Temporal Boots are customized in Shining Moon, so that Rebellion, Kagerou, and Oboro class can equip them.
- Baby 3rd classes are utterly adorable.
- You'll miss out on the HP + SP bonus from transcending, and you cannot learn trans-only skills.
- You cannot wear trans-only equipments.
- Rebellion, Kagerou, Oboro, and Expanded Super Novice are notorious for their low HP and SP pool.
- Taekwon Kid, Star Gladiator, and Soul Linker are capped at Lv 99, so they cannot access any content for Lv 100 and higher.
What about Dorams?
The cat-like Doram race only has one job class, which is Summoner. They can reach 175/50 (need confirmation). They do not have a prior job class, do not job change into anything else, do not have alternative job class, and do not transcend. This may be subject to change, as Doram race is a very recent addition to kRO, and is still in beta stage in Shining Moon.
You can help improve the Doram race by reporting bugs related to them and their skills.
I need an item to use a skill, where do I get it? / I got this item, what can I do with it?
This section is a work in progress.
|Wolf Flute, Swordman Class Mount, Cart, and various rentals||Universal Rental NPC
|Enriched Oridecon and Enriched Elunium||Cash Shop||Suhnbi
|Gym Pass||Cash Shop, Lucky 3 Slot Machine||Ripped Cabus
|Thanks Invest Ticket||Daily Rewards, Guild Dungeon Investment System||Purchase WoE equipments and supplies from the Thanks Ticket Machine
|Moon Coins||Automated Events, Daily Rewards, Battlegrounds Daily Rewards, Monster Hunter Daily Rewards, and more!||Purchase items from The Claw and the Vending Machine in Eden HQ, play the Lucky 3 Slot Machine, or exchange them into Cash Points to purchase Cash Shop items.||200px|
|Proof of Loyalty||Daily Rewards, Battlegrounds Daily Rewards, Monster Hunter Daily Rewards||Purchase special consumables and headgears from the Loyal Merchant in Prontera Main Office.|
|Valor Badge||Battlegrounds, Daily Rewards||Purchase various Battlegrounds-exclusive equipments and supplies from NPCs in @go bg||200px|
|Cute Pet and Homunculus S foods||Prontera Pet Groomer
||Supplies Pet Incubator and consumables for Cute Pets and Homunculus S||NPC image?|
|Homunculus foods||Trader in Geffen Item Shop
||Supplies consumables for Homunculus||NPC image?|
|Rune Stones||Rune Merchant
||Rune Knight's Rune Crafting||200px|
|Cannon Balls, Magic Fuel, and other Mechanic Supplies||Mado Dealer
||Mechanic and Genetic supplies|
|Surface Paint and Face Paint||Part-Timer inside Shadow Workshop, Prontera
||Shadow Chaser supplies||NPC image?|
|Scarlet, Lime Green, Indigo, and Yellow Wish Point||Purchasable from Prontera Point Merchant
||Sorcerer and Mechanic skills||200px|
|Medicine Bowl, Empty Potion Bottle, Potion Making Guide Books, and various brewing supplies||Alchemist Supplies
||Alchemist class' Pharmacy, Special Pharmacy, and Mixed Cooking skills||200px|
|Falcon Flute||Purchasable from Hugel Hunter's Guild
||Enables Hunter class to summon Falcon when they don't have a Warg with them||NPC image?|
|Various Arrows||Arrow Crafting skill, purchasable from Payon Arrow Dealer
||Archer class' ranged auto attack with Bow weapon||200px|
|Various Quivers||Quiver Maker
||Archer class arrows||NPC image?|
|Hunting Quiver and Elven Quiver||Quiver Maker in Mora
||Archer class arrows||NPC image?|
|Trap, Special Alloy Trap, Special Alloy Trap Box||Trap Specialist in Midgard Expedition Camp
||Hunter, Sniper, Ranger, and Rebellion class skills||200px|
|Regrettable Tears, Throat Lozenge/Neck Protect Candy||Harive in Comodo
||Maestro and Wanderer skills||200px|
|Blue, Red, and Yellow Gemstones, Empty Bottles||Custom Tool Dealer
||Mage and Acolyte class skills||NPC image?|
|General Spellbooks||Lea in Geffen Mage Guild
|Ultimate Spellbooks||Galfos in Midgard Expedition Camp
|Kunai, Makibishi, Charms, Orbs||Ninja Supplier in Prontera
||Ninja class skills||200px|
||Ninja class equipment||File:NinjaHideoutAmatsu.jpg|
|Ninja-exclusive Equipment Enchant||
||Ninja class equipment enchants||200px|
|Gunslinger weapons and ammo||Trading Merchant in Izlude Item Shop
||Weapons, ammo, and supplies for Gunslinger||NPC image|
|Gunslinger weapons and ammo||Einbroch Gunslinger Weapon Shop
||Weapons, ammo, and supplies for Gunslinger||File:EinbrochGSGuild133-199.jpg|
|Rebellion and Gunslinger weapons and ammo||Firearms Merchant
||Weapons, ammo, and supplies for Rebellion and Gunslinger||200px|
How many DEX do I need to reach instant cast?
In Renewal, you need (DEX x 2) + INT = 530 to eliminate Variable Cast Time (also referred to as Fluctuative/Fluctuating Cast Time in several item descriptions). That means you can reach 0 Variable Cast Time if your character's stats and gears amount to:
- 530 INT, or
- 265 DEX, or
- 170 INT and 180 DEX, or
- 190 INT and 180 DEX
However, none of this will reduce Fixed Cast Time. Most skills consist of 80% Variable and 20% Fixed Cast Time. Your INT and DEX stats can reduce the Variable portion of the cast time. As for Fixed Cast Time, it's usually reduced by buffs and equipments.
There are several ways of reducing overall cast time:
- Wearing cast time-reducing equipments and cards (e.g. Crown of Deceit, Kathryne Keyron Card, Cunning Shadow Set, Temporal Dex Boots).
- Buff skills (e.g. Archbishop's Sacrament, Kagerou/Oboro's 16th Night, Sorcerer's Summon Ventus + Elemental Control Lv 1).
- Consuming stat foods (particularly INT and DEX foods).
Skills such as Warlock's Reading Spellbook and Release can also bypass normal cast time and cooldown time.
How do I delete my character?
- Go to the Character Select screen. Select the character you want to delete and click the Delete button.
- The character will sit and a timestamp will appear above them (it should follow your computer's clock).
- If you're certain you will delete that character, let it sit and return to it in 24 hours. In the mean time, do not click Cancel, and do not log in with that character.
- After 24 hours, you can click Del and you will be prompted to input the "deletion password," which is your account's email. You can view your account email by logging in the website.
- If you changed your mind and do not wish to delete that character, click Cancel. The timestamp will disappear and you will be able to log in with that character as usual.
What is PC, R>, LF>, LFM>, LFP>, etc?
- PC : Price Check
- R> : Recruiting (may be used to recruit party members or guild members)
- LF> : Looking For
- LFM> : Looking For Members (may be used to recruit party members)
- LFP> : Looking For Party (may be used when you want to join parties)
- OGH : Old Glast Heim
Farming Zeny and Equipments
How do I farm Zeny? Where should I go to farm Zeny?
The most common way to farm Zeny is by selling loot from monsters to NPC. Some popular Zeny-farming maps are listed here, sorted according to difficulty level:
- Gonryun Dungeon 1F : Aim for Honey and Royal Jelly from Zipper Bear, Bloody Butterfly, and Enchanted Peach Tree. Suitable for Lv 90+. Try not to pop the Dead Branches, you might summon a monster you can't handle.
- Desert Wolves outside Ice Cave dungeon: These wolves move rather slowly and drop Stilettos that can be sold to NPCs for a nice price, and Blood of Wolf (+20 INT Food ingredient) that other players would be willing to buy. Suitable for leveling a character with an AoE skill around Lv 90-110.
- Magma Dungeon 2F : All the loot from all monsters sell for a decent amount of Zeny. Also a good leveling spot for Lv 100-115.
- Juperos 1F : All the loot dropped by Venatu and Dimik sells for a decent amount of Zeny. Also a good leveling spot for Lv 115-125.
- Geffenia : Diamond Rings dropped by Incubus and Succubus sell for a good amount of Zeny. Some mobs may cast Hallucination on you, causing your screen to turn upside down. It can be cured with Green Potion, Panacea, or Royal Jelly.
Tip: Create a Merchant and level it up until it learns Overcharge Lv 10 and Discount Lv 10. Use the Merchant to sell loot and buy supplies. You can also use the Merchant's Vending skill to sell valuables.
Tip: Any character is able to open a Buying Store to buy materials from other players. This is what a Buying Store typically looks like from another player's point of view; notice the shop icon looks like stacks of coins.
Drag your items from the Available Items window into the Selling Items window, then click Sell to complete the transaction. Your items will go to the Buying player, and their Zeny will be transferred to you.
Tip: Some seemingly random loot may be useful for something, whether it's for a quest, for crafting/brewing, or used as skill catalysts. You can make a quick buck stocking up these materials and selling them to other players:
- Rune Knight's Rune Crafting Materials
- Guillotine Cross:
- Alchemist, Biochemist/Creator, Genetic:
- Archer Class: Arrow Crafting
- Mage Class:
What class should I use to farm Zeny?
Players farm Zeny using characters with good mobility, survival capability, and carrying capacity. Physical classes such as Rune Knights (RK), Royal Guards (RG), Genetics, Mechanics, Guillotine Cross (GX), Kagerou/Oboro (they have a self-healing skill that literally allows them to farm until they reach 90% weight), and/or Rangers are usually preferred.
Job classes that use physical attack skills benefit from wearing HP- and SP-leeching equipments (e.g. Rideword Hat, any Thanatos Weapon, Hunter Fly card, Earth Deleter card, Sky Deleter card, Nidhoggur's Shadow Garb), enabling them to farm for long periods of time without having to carry potions or returning to town to heal. Having a loyal Incubus or Succubus pet is also beneficial for them.
Suras are better suited for a more precise farming style, when you only need specific item(s) dropped by only one or two types of monsters spread across maps that are large, difficult to access, and/or hard to navigate on foot.
Tip: Use the following commands to make your farming sessions easier:
- @autoloot (any value between 1-99) : Enables you to automatically pick up loot only of certain drop rates.
- @alootid+ (item ID) : Enables you to pick up specific items.
- @aloottype- (item name) : You will not pick up the item specified in this command.
How do I get Moon Coins? What are Moon Coins used for?
Main Article: Moon Coins
How do I get White Wing Set/other Mora equips?
Mora equipments are available for Rune Knight (RK), Guillotine Cross (GX), Ranger, Warlock (WL), and Arch Bishop (AB). There are several ways to obtain them:
- Browse the Shining Moons Market (use the @go or @go command in-game) or make an offer in Discord or in-game #trade channel.
- Use the @whosells command in-game to search for specific items currently being sold.
- The armor and accessory pieces of RK, GX, and Ranger's Mora equipment are dropped by monsters. Use the @whodrops command in-game to find which monsters drop them.
- Earn Mora Coins and buy the Mora equipments directly from the NPCs in Mora. There are several ways of obtaining Mora coins:
- Silvervine Exchange Method: You can buy a box of 10 Silvervine Fruits and exchange them into Mora Coins in Malangdo.
- Find the Research Tools Quest: This quest will take a couple days to finish but it will reward you with at least 37 Mora Coins.
- Mora Daily Quests: You have to enter the Hazy Forest Instance Dungeon and complete the Wandering Guardian Quest before you can start taking Mora Daily Quests. It is recommended that you do this at Lv 135+. Mora Daily Quests consist of:
- Item Collecting Quests from Bow-wow and Woof-grr. Simple quests that reward you with 1 Mora Coin each.
- Hunting Quest from Elephantine. You must hunt certain Mora monsters; the reward is 3 Mora Coins.
- Rescue the Lost Soul Quest from Soul Guide. You must enter Hazy Forest and rescue the Lost Soul. The reward varies between 0 to 24 Mora Coins, depending on which Lost Soul you must rescue.
I can't/don't want to wear Mora equips, what gears should I get?
There are numerous equipments available in the game and various ways of obtaining them. The most common way of obtaining them is by farming from monsters in overworld fields and dungeons, or from instance dungeons. Several areas require you to complete pre-requisite quests before you can access them.
The following table will list several areas of interest, recommended/minimum level to reach before attempting them, and equipments obtainable from them.
|[[Eden Group#Equipment Quests| Eden Equipment Quests]||
||Complete hunting quests and earn basic Eden Equipments. After completing the final quest, you can enchant your final set of Eden Weapon and Armors.|
|Eden Group Crystal Synthesis||60||Complete hunting quests and earn crystals to enchant various equipments.|
|Endless Tower and Endless Cellar||99+||Chance to obtain various weapons such as Thorn Staff of Darkness, Red and Blue Twin Edge of Naght Sieger, and crafting the Violet Fear.|
|Octopus Cave||99||Chance to obtain High Weapon Box.|
|Overlook Water Dungeon||99||Complete hunting quests and be rewarded with various monster cards from Byalan Dungeon.|
|Geffen Magic Tournament||100+||Part of Heroes Trails. Defeat opponents and earn Geffen Magic Coins to purchase exclusive equipments.|
|Ghost Palace||120||Part of Heroes Trails. Relive the story of Sakray and the cursed sword Thanatos, and collect Gray Shards to earn Thanatos Weapons and Gray Armor Set.|
|Nightmarish Jitterbug||120||Collect Teeth of Jitterbug and defeat Grand Pere for a chance to obtain powerful equipments for Maestro, Wanderer, and Ranger class.|
|Airship Assault||125||Part of Heroes Trails. Help Chaos, Iris, Fenris, and Loki survive the airship raid for a chance to obtain Airship equipment set and Ferlock equipment set.|
|Devil's Tower||130||Part of Heroes Trails. Join forces with Loki and stop an evil lord from resurrecting Satan Morroc for a chance to obtain Evil Slayer weapons. View iRO Wiki guide.|
|Nidhoggur's Nest||130||Chance to obtain Nidhoggur's Shadow Garb.|
|Old Glast Heim||130 (Normal), 160 (Hard)||Complete quests and collect materials to craft and enchant Temporal Boots|
|Hazy Forest||135||Required for Mora Daily Quests|
|Mora Daily Quests||135||Complete quests and earn Mora Coins to purchase and enchant set equipments for Rune Knight, Guillotine Cross, Ranger, Warlock, and Arch Bishop.|
|Malangdo Culvert||140 (Hard Mode)||Hunt down Coelacanth boss monster for a chance to obtain Seagod's Anger and High Weapon Box. Complete quests and collect materials to enchant various weapons in Malangdo.|
|Bakonawa Lake||150||Collect materials to create Agimat Tattoo accessories and unlock the Pintados Festival|
|Faceworm's Nest||150||Part of Heroes Trails. Join Chaos and Iris as they hunt down the Faceworm Queen and her minions for a chance to obtain Faceworm Skins garment with powerful enchantments, and Faceworm Queen Dagger.|
|Sealed Shrine||150||Chance to obtain Tae Goo Lyeon weapon and material to craft Gigantic Majestic Goat headgear.|
|Biolabs, Wolfchev's Laboratory||150||Complete quests, hunt monsters, and collect materials to craft and enchant Biolab Gear.|
|Horror Toy Factory||160||Collect Bloody Coins to earn various equipments and headgears.|
|Dimensional Travel||140 (minimum)||Required to access Bios Island. Collect items and hunt monsters in Fire Basin to enter the Fire Cave.|
|Bios Island||160||Defeat Grim Reaper Yanku and their minions to earn Hero Coins, Prize of Hero, and enchant the Hero Ring.|
|Morse Cave||160||Continuation of Bios Island. Defeat the Morroc Necromancer and their minions to obtain more Hero Coins and Prize of Hero.|
|Temple of Demon God||160||Continuation of Morse Cave. Defeat the newly-resurrected Satan Morroc and their powerful minions for a chance to obtain various Essences of Demon God.|
|Battlegrounds||175 (recommended)||Join team-based PvP games and earn Valor Badges to purchase Battlegrounds-exclusive equipments and supplies.|
|Guild Dungeon Investment System||No level requirement||Invest Zeny or unique MVP loots into Guild Castle realms and earn Thanks Invest Tickets for a chance to obtain WoE equipments and WoE supplies.|
The table below lists various enchantments and alternative methods of obtaining equipments.
|Lv 4 Weapon Quest (1) and Lv 4 Weapon Quest (2)||Item collecting quest to craft the Mechanic-exclusive weapon Pile Bunker and various weapons.|
|Socket Enchant||Pierce/socket weapons and armor to put cards in them. iRO Wiki's guide. RateMyServer's guide.|
|Hidden Enchant||Add one of the six stats (STR, AGI, VIT, INT, DEX, LUK) onto armors. iRO Wiki's guide. RateMyServer's guide.|
|Malangdo Enchant||Enchant Lv 4 weapons using materials obtainable from Malangdo Culvert. iRO Wiki guide. pRO guide.|
|Ninja Class Weapon Crafting, Armor Crafting, and Equipment Enchants||Collect items to craft and enchant various Ninja class-exclusive equipments.|
|Hugel Minigames||Play minigames and earn Prize Medals to purchase various equipments.|
Miscellaneous Access Quests
New World Quest Chain
The following table describes quests required to access towns, fields, and dungeons in the New World, including but not limited to maps within the vicinity of Midgard Expedition Camp, Splendide, Manuk, El Dicastes, Nidhoggur's Nest, and Nightmare Scaraba Hole.
|Cat Hand Agent New World Access Quest||Access Midgard Expedition Camp.|
|New Surroundings||Access to Splendide and Manuk fields from Midgard Camp.|
|Finding a Fairy||Required to begin Ring of the Wise King Quest.|
|Ring of the Wise King||Required to obtain Ring of the Wise King accessory. This accessory is required to progress on certain quests in Splendide, Manuk, and El Dicastes.|
|Nightmare Scaraba Hole Branch||Nidhoggur's Nest Branch|
|Sapha's Visit||Required to begin Doha's Secret Orders.||Attitude to the New World||Required to start Report from the New World quest.|
|Doha's Secret Orders||Access Nightmare Scaraba Dungeon||Report from the New World||Required to start Guardian of Yggdrasil quest.|
|Two Tribes||Must have finished Ring of the Wise King Quest and have the Ring of the Wise King accessory equipped. Required to start Guardian of Yggdrasil quest.|
|Guardian of Yggdrasil||Must have finished Report from the New World and Ring of the Wise King. Required to start Nidhoggur's Nest instance dungeon.|