War of Emperium
The War of Emperium is a Guild vs Guild PvP mode and one of the main attractions of the Ragnarok PvP scene. The War revolves around fighting other guild for ownership of a castle to be their personal headquarters, gaining benefits and special advantages.
In order to have more accessibility to the WoE, different schedules and types have been set up, below you can see the time-table for each one of them.
|Friday||Vidblainn - Nidhoggur||06:00 - 07:00 AM||3rd Job|
|Friday||Andlangr - Nidhoggur||7:00 - 18:00 PM||3rd Job|
|Saturday||Eeyorbriggar - Britoniah||06:00 - 07:00 AM||Transcendent|
|Saturday||Fadhgrindh - Valkyrier||17:00 - 18:00 PM||Transcendent|
All times displayed are on server time.
To create a more fun and engaging WoE environment, several rules are set in place. These can be changed by the administration as the situation demands for it.
1) There is a maximum cap of 24 players per guild within a castle.
2) Hard alliances between guilds are not allowed.
Guilds allied through the in-game system will be able to damage each other within the castles.
You cannot help the castle owners to defend the castle from another guild.
3) Win-Trading and rigging the outcome of the War of Emperium is not allowed.
4) Guilds must not make use of alternate/secondary guilds:
These will be counted as alliances.
The only exception to this rule is a guild with a single member inside the castle specifically designed to use Mindbreaker on the main guild. The combined number of players must not exceed the current guild cap. (24)
5) Using a secondary guild to break the emperium and rig the outcome may lead to a permanent closure on all accounts.
General WoE Mechanics
The character to deal the last hit against the castle's Emperium claims the castle for their guild. All characters of a different guild will be warped out at that point. Only normal attacks can damage the Emperium, for 1 damage each, as all skills miss.
After a castle is claimed, other guilds can immediately re-enter and attempt to break the Emperium. The current holder, at the time of the War's end, will retain the castle and reap its benefits until the next War in the following week. The owning guild of a castle has several advantages to help them weather the storm of multiple attacking guilds, such as Guardian Stones and Barricades.
The rules of battle are very different from regular PvP environments. The following are the changes found in War of Emperium, also known as GvG mechanics, standing for Group vs Group
WoE Modifications (GvG Mechanics)
- Endure won't give flinch resistance
- The following skills are disabled from use inside the GvG area: Assumptio, Basilica, Plant Cultivation, Ice Wall, Moonlit Water Mill, Intimidate, Teleport, Warp Portal, Dimension Door, High Jump
- Flee is reduced by 20%.
- All physical and magical skill-based damage except Gloria Domini and Gravitational Field is reduced by 80%.
- Melee basic attack damage is reduced by 50%.
- Ranged basic attack damage is reduced by 60%.
- Traps last 4 times as long.
- All knock back effects are disabled. Skills like Cicada Skin Shed, Shadow Leap and Phantom Thrust lose some functionality due to this.
- Equipment preventing skills to be canceled during casting (Phen card and similar items) do not function.
- /noctrl does not work; players must hold down the mouse button for normal attacks.
- Damage numbers do not appear.
- Death does not cause experience loss.
- Emperium in renewal cannot be healed in any possible way. The skill sanctuary may show the healing effect, but the case of mob id check with Emperium causes a break; meaning it does not heal it and ignores it.
- Guild Leadership cannot be transferred while a War is ongoing.
- /mineffect is automatically activated.
- A character's guild emblem is shown above their head.
- Doram and Baby classes have been changed to be considered as size medium inside GVG.
- Doram have been changed to be considered as demi human inside GVG.
Base functionalities during the War
While the strategic importance of holding the Stones cannot be overstated, the Guardian Stones also provide an additional role of summoning Guardian soldiers. The number of Guardians that will be summoned depends on the defense rating of the castle, and killed Guardians will automatically be re-summoned after a period of time. If the Guardian Gtone is destroyed, the soldiers under its control will also fall.
Placed throughout the castle there are several Link Flags. The Link Flags provide fast movement throughout the castle for the defending guild. Each of these flags have a pair located usually in the back of the Emperium room. Each pair of flags has a matching name, and by using these flags, you can travel directly to and from the Emperium room and each of the flag throughout the fort.
In addition to those in the castle, the flags directly outside the castle are also Link Flags, though these are one-way only to the Emperium room.
War of the Emperium Transcendent Class (TE)
In addition to second edition WoE, Shining Moon also offers a Transcendent Class War of Emperium, with the addition of two new rules.
- Only Transcendent Class can take part of the War (99/70)
- Only Equipment up to Episode 14.3 (Decisive Battle) is allowed inside the castle
- Shadow Gear is not allowed
- Enchanted Costumes will be disabled
Any equipment that does not follow this rules will be un-equipped when entering the castle and it will be no longer able to equip it until the user leaves the castle.
Rewards and Benefits
Note: All War of Emperium rewards are automatically bound to account.
Note 2: Every participant will receive 10 everyday until the next WoE. This is a 100% chance.
Unlike the normal reward way of treasure box's in Shining Moon rewards are differently given.
Any guild member that participates in War of Emperium has a chance to get rewards. Members that do not participate are completely ignored by the rewarding system.
Guilds that own a castle and have participated in War of Emperium the formula works the following way:
3 + ( Castle Economy score / 5 ) = amount of players that are eligible for rewards
Non-castle owning reward:
3 + ( Total amount of unique participants / 10 ) = amount of players that do not own a guild castle.
|25 ~ 100|
|1 ~ 2|
|3 ~ 5|
|3 ~ 10|
|5 ~ 10|
|1 ~ 3|
|10 ~ 25|
|5 ~ 10|